Tuesday, October 25, 2011

OctTwtFest thru La Sardina camera!

Shah Alam, Malaysia – Just last Saturday (3pm - 12 am, October 23, 2011), DiGi held an OctTwtFest at their headquarters and organized by WAGO, Churp Churp, Rain Dough and Reka. The OctTwtFest objective for this year is to :-
 
1. To gather at least 1,500 tweeps to attend this twtup.
2. To put Malaysia on the map, and beat the current Guinness Book of Record which     
    currently stands at 1,935 attendees at a venue for a twtup.
3. To unlock the Epic Swarm Badge (more than 1000 check-ins at a venue)

 
Been avid and active twitter user myself, I could not resist myself going there . I quickly RVSP my attendance on their websites despite it was far from my house and limited public transportation around that area.  I decided to carpool and arrived around 6 pm when the party goer is arriving in huge wave trying to register themselves to gain access to the venue under heavy rain thunderstorm .  By the way, I did bought my La Sardina Camera along (Fischers Fritze) tightly wrapped under water proof bag for a quick lomo action at OctTwitUp. The OctTwitUp is brimming with activity where hunger looking folks are buying food and drink , singing along to music performance by famous artist like or taking picture with them, playing ps 3 games or board games at meeting room, watching movies , buying OctTwtFest  clothes or toys while donating at same time, etc. and most importantly, check-in thru FourSquare app whether they are  android , Iphone or Blackberry user or even using the free pc provided by the organizer. 
Thanks to www.hardwarezone.com, I found out the OctTwtFest  successfully garnered 2,615 check-ins on Twitter, breaking the previous world record of 1,935 check-ins held by Detroit Lions football player, Ndamukong Suh. Misson accomplished! 
I even co-buy one of the churpchurp plushie from their stall

Venue : DiGi Telecommunications Sdn Bhd, Lot 10, Jalan Delima 1/1 Subang Hi-Tech Industrial Park 40000, Shah Alam, Selangor Darul Ehsan.
Source Link: http://www.hardwarezone.com.my/tech-news-digis-octtwtfest-breaks-guinness-world-record  
http://octtwtfest.wordpress.com/ or follow them at @OctTwtFest !!
Post a Comment