No to datukship! I cannot believe my eye's when this particular Malaysian refuse the honorable award & the same time, I do know lot'sa people will do practically anything to get their hand on that award by any means coz's it will give you:-
- Suddenly many people (including stranger) are giving special VIP treatment to you while doing daily activities.
- Suddenly, you start receiving lot'sa x'pensive gift (your wife and children included).
- Your will see your hem'sem face (full face ads) in major daily n.p.s next to obituary side sponsored by complete stranger & organization.
- It'z time to change your dull-looking home to a stunning medieval castle in middle of existing neighbourhood.
- Receive lot'sa horde of people (even the ex-,Ah long, sworn enemy)coming for your home daily with their smiling tooth-less smile.
- OPEN Invitation to join any political party with lotsa
goodies provided. You will will need to buy & wear a suit plus drive Mercedes,BMW & etc. (most of the time )when eating out at warung/mamak stall to maintain image. "I scratch your back, you scratch my back" will take 360 degrees upward especially in business & politics arena if you are a "Datuk". Suddenly, your homes all full with mac'hai (volunteer) bidding to perform task for you.